Thursday 5 May 2011

FRIDAY MAY 6

WE ARE HOME!!!!

Sian couldn't stop grinning when the surgeon said she could go home yesterday, can't say I was upset either! The ward was filling with more and more toddlers who mistook the place for toddler idol - the winner being the one with the loudest scream!

It is a bit different not having everything on tap, but our own beds are definitely more comfortable, to say nothing of the better food (for Sian) and other 'nursing staff' at home! I must qualify that by saying I had beautiful evening meals supplied by Tracy and Darryl.

Sian is not allowed to go in the car for about 3 weeks, this doesn't surprise me after seeing her distress on the drive home, even though it was the slowest I've ever known Darryl to drive!
I was hoping to give her the first outside walk today but the weather had other plans. We also had to spend 2 hours untangling her hair this morning which has absolutely exhausted her anyway. It's probably just as well she was tired - too tired to care as I kept cutting pieces off!!!%#! Two more reasons why I'm a teacher -cos I'd make a dreadful nurse or hairdresser!

It all starts on Monday with visits from the District nurse and the hospital teacher. Sian has to go back to the sugeon in 6 weeks and will hopefully go back to school after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment